1. When you are logged in Office365, please click the icon below at the top left corner of the page.
2. Click “OneDrive” to enter.
3. You can either click “new” to create a new file, or click “upload” (or drag files from your desktop directly, and drop to the middle of the webpage). You can also choose files to a certain shared folder.
Create a new Office file or a new folder
1. Click “new”, and then choose the file type.
2. Type in “name”, and click “Create”. You can also “INVITE PEOPLE” to share your file or folder to other users or departments.
Share a file or folder
All uploaded files should be private before you share them. They are followed by a lock icon: , which means they are not shared to anyone. When you share your file or folder, you can choose to allow editing or reading. Please follow the steps below:
1. Enter OneDrive page.
2. Choose the file and click “share”.
3. Please select “Invite people” tab in the “Share” window, and then type in the users/departments that you want to share the file with.
4. Choose permission setting to “can edit” or “can view”. If you need to differentiate permission setting for different users/departments, please repeat step 3 and 4 multiple times.
5. You can type in messages to the users/departments you share the file with. The message and the access link will be sent by email to each of them.
6. If an email is not necessary, please click “show options” and then untick “Send an email invitation”.
Share files to “Everyone”
There are two ways to share a file to everyone:
1. Put files into the “Shared with Everyone” folder.
2. Select a file and click “Share”, type in “everyone” in the “invite people” tab.
Who am I sharing this file with?
Open the “share” window by clicking the people icon in the “Sharing” column.
Stop sharing a file or folder
You can stop sharing files or folders to make it private.
1. Click the people icon to open “share” window.
2. In the “share” window, select the user you want to stop sharing with, click the permission setting “can edit” or “can read”, select “stop sharing”.